- 3/4/14 – Just a reminder, there will be a board meeting Thursday (March 6th) at 7:00pm in Andrew’s shop.
- 2/15/14 – The 2014 pulling season is getting closer. Below is a tentative 2014 Schedule. There are still a couple pulls that may be added. When we get the times finalized, we will post them as well.
- 1/24/14 – The next board meeting will be on Thursday February 13th in Andrew’s shop at 7:00pm. Please note this is the second Thursday in February instead of the normal first Thursday.
- 1/16/14 – There will be an Improved Street class meeting at Andrew’s shop on Saturday January 18th at 1:00 pm. This meeting will be to discuss potential rule changes. If you are involved with the Improved Street class, please plan to attend. If you have any questions, please contact the Improved Street class representative: Rex Handsaker.
- 12/28/13 – The next MPA board meeting will be Thursday Jan 9th at 7:00 in Andrew’s shop.
- 11/26/13 – The next MPA board meeting will be Thursday Dec 5th at 7:00 in Andrew’s shop.
- 10/14/13 – The invitations for the 2013 banquet will be mailed out shortly. You will receive the invitation along with a 2014 Nomination sheet for the 2014 MPA board. Please take a minute to fill out the nomination sheet. The sheet includes the four board positions (President, Vice President, Treasurer & Secretary) along with the class representatives for each class. The nomination form can be mailed in to the address on the form, or you can email your selections to email@example.com. Below are the invitation and the 2014 Nomination sheet. Hope to see you all at the banquet.
- 10/8/13 – The next board meeting will be at 7:00pm in Andrew’s shop on 10/10/13. That’s this Thursday. Sorry for the short notice.
- 9/29/13 – The 2013 MPA Awards Banquet will be November 16th at Mitch Coughenours shop. This is the same location as last year. The banquet will start at 5:00pm with dinner at 6:00pm and awards to follow. We will be sending out formal invitations, as well as the 2014 MPA Board nomination forms over the next few weeks. The banquet is a good time to celebrate a great 2013 pulling season with friends and family. We hope to see you all there.
- 9/4/13 – There will be a board meeting on Thursday September 19th at 7:00pm at Andrew’s shop.
- 9/4/13 – The results and points have been updated for Fonda. Fonda was the last MPA points pull for the season. Thanks to all that have come out and pulled with the MPA. It was a great year and I think the MPA put on some great shows throughout Iowa. Keep watching the website for information about the year-end banquet. Thanks.
- 8/4/13 – The results and points have been updated for Maxwell. Payout has been sent. 1st – $80, 2nd – $60, 3rd – $40. The next, and last, points pull for the season is in Fonda on Sept 2nd. See you there.
- 7/28/13 – The results and points have been updated for Indianola. The payout has been sent. 1st – $100, 2nd – $80, 3rd – $60. Thanks to all for putting on a great show in Indianola last night. The next pull is in Maxwell on Saturday at 1:00 pm. See you there.
- 7/22/13 – Payout for Boone and Radcliffe has been sent. Payout for each event is: 1st – $100, 2nd – $80, 3rd – $60. Just a reminder payment will come through our bill pay service. It will be a plain white envelope with “Midwest Pullers Association” in the window for the return address and your name and address in the window for the “TO” portion. See you all at Indianola on Saturday.
- 7/20/13 – The results and points have been updated for both Boone & Radcliffe. Thank you to all for your patience at the Radcliffe pull. It was a great turnout with lots trucks and tractors. It turned out to be a great show, just took a little longer than intended. Don’t forget the co-sanctioned pull with IAMO in Indianola on Saturday night July 27th. See you all there.
- 7/16/13 – Please note the time change for Boone. Originally it was posted as 7:00pm. The Boone pull will start at 6:00 pm. Please let anyone know the updated time that may not have access to the website or doesn’t visit it regularly.
- 7/14/13 – Payout has been sent for Baxter and Marshalltown.
- The payout for Baxter is: 1st – $100, 2nd – $80, 3rd – $60.
- The payout for Marshalltown is: 1st – $150, 2nd – $125, 3rd – $95
- 7/14/13 – The results and points for Baxter and Marshalltown are posted.
- 7/10/13 – The Baxter pull is this Friday at 7:00pm. The track is on the North East corner of town. Take Southeast Ave. north at the gas station. You will come to a stop sign at N 95th Ave W. Take a right. The track is on the South side of the road behind the baseball fields. Turn at the water tower. There will be extra payout money added for the pull. The next pull is Saturday night in Marshalltown. It will be a good weekend of truck pulling. There will be extra payout in Marshalltown as well.
- 7/8//13 – Payout for Nevada has been sent.
- 7/8//13 – The 2013 Points are now posted under the “Points” tab. Points are only earned by Full and Associate members. There is also an “Event Results” section. This section will show how the payout is figured. For 2013, the payout is determined by adding the distance from the light class with the distance from the heavy class. The “Event Results” will show the light & heavy distance for both members and non-members.
- 6/292/13 – Payout has been sent for the Manson pull. With the 4th of July Holiday, it may be late next week or early the week after before payments arrive. We had 84 hooks at Manson. Thanks for all that showed up. The payout for Manson is: $120 – 1st Place, $80 – 2nd Place & $60 – 3rd Place. I hope to get the points updated by the end of this week. I apologize for the delay. Don’t forget the start time for the Nevada pull on July 5th has been moved from 2:00pm to 4:00 pm.
- 6/22/13 – The start time for the Nevada pull on July 5th has been changed from 2:00pm to 4:00 pm. Please update your schedules and let anyone know that may be going. This time change will help some of those that have to work that day to be able to make it and use less vacation time.
- 6/18/13 – Payout has been sent for State Center. The points should be updated later this week. Just a reminder that the payout this year is based on the total distance pulled in the light and heavy classes. The distance pulled in the light class and the heavy class are added together. The puller with the largest combined distance gets first place payout, the second longest combined distance gets second place payout, and so on.
The payout for State Center is:
1st Place – $150
2nd Place – $110
3rd Place – $80
- 6/7/13 – Just a reminder that the first pull of the 2013 MPA season is tomorrow at Cambridge. The pull starts at 2:30pm. Remember to get there early if you need to sign up for a membership. See you all there.
- 5/25/13 – A 2013 schedule has been posted under the “Schedule” tab.
- 5/23/13 – The Fonda pull had the wrong date. It was posted as being the 9th of September. The pull is Monday the 2nd of September (labor day). Sorry for any confusion. I have updated the schedule below.
- 5/15/13 – A Baxter pull has been added to the schedule for July 12th at 7:00pm Also, a reminder that the Test and Tune is this Saturday. Hope to see everyone there.
- 5/5/13 – Below is a link to the 2013 MPA Membership Application. If you would like to be a member for the 2013 season, please fill out the Membership Application, Release of Liability & Clutch Certification. Mail them to the address on the form or bring them to the Test & Tune. The membership fee is $100 until May 19th. After that the fee increases to $150.
- 4/7/13 – The next board meeting will be Wednesday May 1st at 7:00pm in Andrew’s shop.
- Here is a tenative list of the 2013 MPA pulls. We will post the scheduled start times shortly. We wanted to get a list out so people can start making plans:
May 18th (Saturday) – Cambridge, IA – Test and Tune
June 8th (Saturday) – Cambridge, IA
June 16th (Sunday) 1:00 pm – State Center, IA
June 28th (Friday) 7:00 pm – Manson, IA
July 5th (Friday) – Nevada, IA
July 12th (Friday) 7:00 pm – Baxter, IA
July 13th (Saturday) – Marshalltown, IA
July 19th (Friday) – Boone, IA
July 20th (Saturday) 5:00 pm – Radcliff, IA
July 27th (Saturday) 6:30 pm – Indianola, IA (Co-sanctioned with IAMO)
August 3rd (Saturday) 1:00 pm – Maxwell, IA
September 2nd (Monday) 11:00 am – Fonda, IA
- 4/7/13 – The next board meeting will be Wednesday May 1st at 7:00pm in Andrew’s shop.
- 3/19/13 – The next board meeting will be Wednesday April 3rd at 6:30pm in Andrew’s shop.
- 2/10/13 – The next board meeting will be Wednesday March 6th at 6:30pm in Andrew’s shop.
- 1/29/13 – The next board meeting will be on February 7th at 6:30pm in Andrew’s shop.
- 12/27/12 – The next board meeting will be at 6:30pm at Andrew Larson’s shop on January 9th
- 1/14/13 – There have been two rule changes for the 2013 season. The first is that all classes will be required to run u-joint shields and drive shaft loops. This mainly affects the Improved Street & Street Diesel class as all other classes currently require them. The second rule change is the Improved Street class is now allowed to run front traction bars. If you have any questions about these changes or other rules, please contact your class rep or a board member.
- 12/3/12 – There will be an Improved Street class meeting to discuss the 2013 pulling season. The meeting will be held at Rex Handsaker’s shop at 2:00pm on Dect 9th. The shop is located 4 miles North of Colo. The address is 69704 190th St. Colo, IA. If you have any questions, please contact Rex Handsaker at 515_290_3585.
- 11/23/12 – There will be a board meeting on November 6th at 6:30pm at Andrew Larson’s shop.
- 10/27/12 – The payout for the 2012 Colo Harvest Pull has been sent out. Thanks to everyone who came to the pull. We had a great turnout even with all the rain earlier in the week and the cool weather. Don’t forget that the year end banquet is Nov. 3rd. Hope to see everyone there.
- 10/16/12 – The 2012 banquet letters and 2013 board nomination forms were mailed out last week. The banquet is a time to celebrate the pulling season. All members should receive an invitation. This is an opportunity to invite those that have helped you all season to enjoy a night with a dinner and awards ceremony. Here are the invitation and ballot forms. You can print off the ballot form and mail it to the address on the form or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your nominations and/or RSVP for the banquet.
- 2012 Banquet Invitation
- 2013 MPA Board Nomination Form.
- 10/6/12 – It’s been a great season of truck pulling. It’s not time to celebrate the 2012 pulling season! The 2012 MPA banquet will be held on Saturday November 3rd at Mitch Coughenour’s shop. We will be mailing out information on the banquet as well as nomination forms this week. Please take the time to fill out the nomination forms. You will be selecting your choice for all the board positions (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer) as well as your Class Representative. A vote will be taken the night of the banquet to elect one of the top three nominees for each position.